Saturday, September 29, 2007
Inspired by the Martha Stewart site, we made some frozen worms. Using an ice cube tray, place a gummy worm or two in each cube compartment. Add some water and freeze. It's a fun, kid friendly activity. For a cool effect, leave bits of the worm hanging out so when the water freezes, the worm will still be visible.
Friday, September 28, 2007
I just heard on the news that Martha is launching a new website called Marthapedia. I just tried to hit the site and it took me to the main Martha website. Apparently it will be a wiki style website that is all Martha Stewart related - culling items from shows, her magazines, etc.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
- Batworld.org is offering up a cute cut and color little brown bat.
- The Manchester CT Elementary School offers up a bat origami project.
- Bat Conservation International offers up actual bat house plans. Build your very own!
- The Halloween Alliance has a simple hand print bat craft project.
- Craftbits has an easy kids bat napkin ring.
- About.com has another easy kid craft; a bat finger puppet.
- LifeTips lists instructions to make a black garbage bag bat.
- Howstuffworks.com shows how to make bat bracelets.
- Craftelf.com has a simple bat magnet and bat clip.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
I've been tackling the craft room lately, trying to figure out how I want to set it up. I've finally got all (well, almost all!) of my craft books on bookcases in it and have most of my supplies organized by type. I think my next step will be to put up some shelves on one of the walls. I have toyed with the idea of painting it, but since I'll probably put the house on the market and move within the next year or so, I opted to skip that plan... at least for now.
Monday, September 03, 2007
Thanks to LJC posting a message on her blog that she and some of her co-workers from Kodak would be in LA on Saturday to give out Nascar tickets, I was lucky enough to not only make my way into Hollywood to meet her in person, but to also get my hands on two tickets for the race. Seeing as how my youngest brother is such a fan, I took him to yesterday's race out in Fontana, California. At one point, the temperature in the parking lot was 113 degrees before the race started! Since neither of us had ever been to a Nascar race before, we weren't going to let a little heat keep us away. The seats were great! Stevie Wonder was the Grand Marshal. What a treat that was to see him in person, let alone a Nascar race too! Kodak's very own #12 car driven by Ryan Newman was in first place for one lap and stayed in the top 10 for quite a few. Here's a picture just before the green flag. Thanks again, LJC!